Home > News > Here’s a quick way to run a petition in WordPress

Here’s a quick way to run a petition in WordPress

October 3rd, 2007

I’ve written a short and simple plugin that embeds a web based petition into your WordPress page or post. Signatures are confirmed by e-mail and the administrative interface allows for customization along with deletion and exporting of signatures. Learn more now.

James Davis News

1. James Davis
    March 16th, 2009 at 12:53 | #1

Thanks for spotting this. I’ve been on holiday, but managed to sneak out a new release which should fix this problem.

2. April 22nd, 2009 at 11:48 | #2

Hiya James,

I noticed after one of the recent upgrades that the total signatories figures is no longer displayed on the petition page. Is there a way to turn it back on?

Also – a little suggestion for the next update: Blacklist email/IP addresses.

I am getting a lot of attempted spam from mail.ru on the petition at the moment…

3. James Davis
    April 27th, 2009 at 18:00 | #3

Try upgrading to 2.3.3, does it still happen?
    As for attempted spam: I presume they aren’t successfully confirming their signatures?

4. April 29th, 2009 at 15:49 | #4

@James Davis

Hiya James – no they aren’t confirming their sigs… wondering if it is possible to use akismet somehow to prevent them from posting..?

Upgraded to 2.3.3 today (plugin prompted me btw) – no vote count on the petition page like there used to be… should there be or has that functionality been moved to the widget?

Cheers
    Paul

5. April 29th, 2009 at 17:28 | #5

@James Davis

Here’s a patch.. I got our developer to have a look – he said:

“This is because $sub_title which is defined in one function and used in another function is not a global variable. I simply made it a global variable, really this should be object orientated…”

——————————–

— wordpress-petition-plugin/fcpetition.php.bak 2009-04-29 16:05:04.000000000 +0000
    +++ wordpress-petition-plugin/fcpetition.php 2009-04-29 16:01:16.000000000 +0000
    @@ -435,7 +435,7 @@

function fcpetition_form($petition){
    - global $wpdb;
    + global $wpdb, $sub_title;
    global $signature_table;
    global $petitions_table;

———————————–

Hope that helps?! (Never posted a patch before…)

6. July 22nd, 2009 at 12:18 | #6

Hey James… I am still waiting for the you to resolve the issues I have earlier mentioned regarding the plugin. I understand if you are busy in your personal life, but please at least tell us if you are willing to fix the issues and make the changes or not. Thank you

7. August 24th, 2009 at 12:37 | #7

Please , at least tell us how can we manually confirm the signatures.. in WordPress Extend you say that it supports manual confirmation, but I dont see that anywhere in the petition management.

Comment pages